Having more money in your pocket involves either making more money or saving more money. For most, it’s easier to save money than it is to make more. You can save at just about anything, including your weekly trip to the grocery store.
- Buy generic or store brand. It really is the same thing, just in a different box. While buying brand name cars or brand name clothing might matter, brand name food does not.
- Make a list and stick to it. If you’re at the store and you see something you want, it wasn’t important enough to be on your list, so you shouldn’t buy it.
- Don’t buy bottled water. You can filter your water at home and just fill your own reusable bottles.
- Don’t go to the grocery store hungry. You’ll end up with a cart full of snacks and junk food.
- Don’t leave home without coupons. They come in the mail, you might as well use them.
- Keep your eyes peeled at checkout. Make sure your coupons are credited and that your items are charged correctly.